Respecting and protecting individuals’ right to privacy matters to us.
Below, we explain how we use the personal data we collect about you and the steps we take to safeguard the privacy of that data.
In this policy, where we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ we are referring to Scottish Sea Farms Limited. (Information Commissioner’s Office reference number: ZA252019.)
How we might collect your personal data
We collect most of this data from you when you:
- Call us
- Buy, or enquire about buying, produce from us
- Provide services or goods, or enquire about providing services or goods, to us
- Attend an event hosted by us
- Apply for a vacancy, or information about a vacancy, with us.
We may also collect personal data about you via our information technology (IT) and other systems, such as our:
- Website and the contact methods provided
- Covid questionnaire
- Sign-in screens
- CCTV and access control systems
- Email and instant messaging systems.
Furthermore, we may collect personal data about you from third party sources including:
- Publicly accessible sources such as Companies House, newspaper and magazine articles, blogs and social media accounts
- Credit reference agencies or government departments or agencies
- Third party organisations with your consent such as your bank or building society
- Third party organisations that you have dealings with to have had dealings with where the information is publicly available such as LinkedIn
What information do we collect?
The information we collect about you may include:
- Any personal details that you knowingly provide us with
For example, name, address business and/or home), email address, telephone number(s), job title, gender, name of current and/or previous employer(s) – details you might share when using our online contact forms or any of the direct email addresses provided
- Payment data
Data necessary for processing payments or for fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, bank and building society details including security code numbers and other related billing, as well as information collected from publicly available resources and credit agencies or any other information required to enable us to undertake credit or other financial checks on you
- Business information
Business information provided during the course of a client, business or contractual relationship between you, your organisation and Scottish Sea Farms
- Your anonymised IP address
This is a sequence of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the website and can be used to monitor your usage of the website. However, by anonymising your IP address, we ensure that this information cannot be used to identify you
- Technical information
Technical information about your use of our IT, communication and other systems. Where you connect to our wifi, information collected might include your device name and also the websites visited whilst connected to our wifi
- Non-personally identifiable information data recorded by scottishseafarms.com
What do we do with any information collected?
We might use your data to:
- Deliver produce to you
- Buy goods or services from you
- Make payment to you
- Conduct identity checks and credit reference checks
- Comply with professional, legal and regulatory obligations and guidance that applies to our business or sector
- Gather and provide information required by, or relating to, audits, enquiries or investigations by enforcement authorities, regulatory bodies, courts, tribunals and government agencies
- Deal with any complaints received
- Ensure business policies are adhered to
- Ensure safe working practices, improving efficiency, managing risk, training, staff assessment and quality control
- Improve our services and communications to you
- Update company records
- Communicate with you
- Comply with external audits and quality checks, e.g. for Investors in People accreditation and the audit of accounts
- Complete statutory returns
Any personally identifiable information that we collect is used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. For example, we may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data to monitor how visitors to scottishseafarms.com use the website.
Rest assured these third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes. Nor will any personally identifiable information be passed to a third party without your consent.
We may use Google Analytics for evaluating usage of our website: for example, how many visitors the website receives per day, which pages are visited the most and for how long.
However, before this information is transmitted to Google, your IP address is anonymised and cannot be used to identify you. Google has their own privacy and security policy which you can read here.
If you submit data through our contact form, it is stored in our secure, restricted database and maintained until it is deleted by Scottish Sea Farms.
You can ask to see any data about you that we may hold by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
Head of Human Resources
Scottish Sea Farms
Laurelhill Business Park
Stirling FK7 9QJ